Re: drop bottom gondola

  • Jerry Day
    Message 1 of 56 , Mar 18, 2013
      --- In HOn3@yahoogroups.com, "bolsen187@..." <bolsen187@...> wrote:

      > Thanks Phil,
      > Not seeing the rods qualifies me as DA of the day. Of course my other unasked question of why the ties don't burn is now clear. Pit must be a few feet deep?
      > Blayne

      Just posted two photos of the Chama ashpit, one taken in 1972 and the other in 1997. This is the original D&RGW pit and not the non-historic thing they have now.

      1972
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HOn3/photos/album/860967419/pic/231672935/view?pic\mode=large&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&dir=asc

      1997 with Rotary OY
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HOn3/photos/album/860967419/pic/1595490007/view?picmode=large&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&dir=asc

      Jerry Day
    • Rick Blanchard
      Message 56 of 56 , Mar 20, 2013
        I have more photos of the ash pit at Chama before it got
        'modernized', but I vaguely recall that the previous one was also an
        upgrade from years before. My photos are from 2000+ something and I'd
        have to dig around to find them. I'll look if there are modelers that
        need some shots of it empty and some with a loco on it.

        Rick