Re: Weathering Hand Laid Track

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 9 5:16 PM
      Mark,

      This going to sound really stupid but it works. The problem with some of these stains is that they are mineral spirit based but they do work well and those pens are controlled. I can understand the family reaction, sometimes the smell gets to me. One of the best smell absorbers is a plain old onion. Decorators in the UK use them to get rid of oil paint smells quickly and it's one of the reason why you should never use an onion that has been cut and left lying around for a while (cooks tips of the week) Just take an ordinary onion, peel it and quarter it. (Do not use it for cooking !!!!!!) Try it, it may solve the problem.

      Mark K