Re: My 3rd Division Update

  • bolsen187@frontier.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 8, 2013
      This is the first time I have heard of Micore. Can you find time to tell us a little about it and why you are using it?
      -Bolsen

      > Juan Carlos Zuloaga
      > Broker
    • Craig
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 12, 2013
        Micore is a material that a friend of mine found, that seems to be a bit more dense and holds more flatness then homasote. This gives a good stable and dense platform when hand laying track to.

        I've also found a few other benifits to using it as well. When I used homasote, if I had not sealed it, it would swell up from any moisture that would come in contact with it. With Micore, I do not have that problem and as a consequence...I don't have to seal it with a coat of paint...like I needed to with homasote.

        The price of the micore was about $3 more per 4'x8' sheet vs. homasote, but in the long run was so worth it. It is also easily cut with a sharp utility knife (but will also dull your blade quicker then normal).

        (NOTE...these are my observations between the two materials. Experiences may vary, as some have indicated).

        Craig

      • bolsen187@frontier.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 12, 2013
          What thickness are you using and where are you finding it?