Re: [HOn3] Convention in Mich?

  • Ebteng18@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 31, 2012
      Pete:

      The trade show at the NMRA convention doesn't open till FRIDAY. No announcements about new product will come out till then unless it comes from the Manufacture or importer. It isn't like the Narrow Gauge conventions where the trade show opens on Wednesday night.

      Bill Miller

      ahoo! Groups Links
      Individual Email | Traditional
      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Robert
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 6, 2012
        Any announcements in the meantime? Or do we have to wait till Seattle?

        Robert

      • Ebteng18@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 6, 2012
          Only thing I saw was Blackstone EBT hoppers lettered up D&RGW.

          Bill Miller

          Any announcements in the meantime? Or do we have to wait till Seattle?
          Robert
        • Dan R
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 6, 2012
            I did not see really anything new for HOn3. Did get a chance to see Peco's code 70 HOn3 Turnouts. Look good but I will build my own. Why can't a large manufacturer bring our some turnouts in Code 55. With Micro-Engineering doing Code 70 this was the perfect time for someone like Peco to do code 55. Blackstone had pre production samples of the new run of C-19's and a pre production sample of the fictitious "Rio Grande" EBT hoppers. That was about it. I imagine we will get more offerings at the NNGC.
            Dan Rowsell
            Victoria, BC

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 9, 2012
              I think Blackstone needs to convince the two leftover museum railroads (D&S and C&TSR) to properly letter their former EBT cars. That would then make for much more attractive models. Same for the White Pass that might at some point become of interest to BS as well.