Re: [HOn3] Custon Decals

  • Jeffrey J. Brundt
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3, 2012
      You can use Microscale liquid decal film.

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 4, 2012
        I have had trouble with printing on an ink jet machine. The printing
        bled even after I oversprayed with a fixative - in my case Krylon clear
        flat. I've had much better luck printing decals with a color laser
        printer - usually available at a reproduction shop. Haven't needed to
        use an overspray with these.

        Jim Vail

        On 7/3/2012 7:33 PM, Don Bergman wrote:

        > I am making some custom Telluride Building sign decals. I "inherited"
        > some Testors clear blank ink jet decal sheets. What kind of sealer is
        > needed. Must one use the sealer designed for it by Testors of will
        > other clear sealers work?
        >
        > Don Bergman
        > Holland, MI

      • Darryl Huffman
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 4, 2012
          Don,

          I print all my decals using my Epson printer which uses ink that does not smear like HP, Canon, Lexmark and others.
          After drying for a couple of days, I put 3 light coats of Krylon  clear acrylic spray on the decals and let them dry overnight.

          Works fine for me.

          Darryl Huffman
          12020 Old Seward Highway
          Anchorage, AK 99515
          darrylhuffman@...

          1913 Steamboat Builders Catalog.  $15 with FREE shipping:
          http://ghosttownmodels.com/catalog_4.html

        • Jim McQ MMR
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 4, 2012
            I too tried the Testors decal paper and sealer.

            The paper worked OK for me but I applied the Testors sealer too heavy on one
            sheet and it made the red color run, otherwise it was worth the effort.
            The decals have not fallen off of the structures that I decaled four years ago
            yet.

            Jim McQueeny MMR
            Rockford, IL.