Rich's coal loads fit more than Blackstones.

  • Jeff Reynolds
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2012
      Richard Johnson sold me 9 coal loads for HOn3 High Side and Drop
      Bottom gons, none are Blackstones. They look great and fit fine with
      no trimming. Here they are a couple minutes after installation:
      Five Pix taken on the coal loading spur at Vance Jct. and at No. Rico.

      http://s194.photobucket.com/albums/z240/jefe4x4/Mears%20Madness%20and%20the%20Rio%20Grande%20Southern%20RR/
    • Richard Johnson
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2012
        Wow, thats great!
        I have had them fit miscelanious cars of mine, but I molded them to fit Blackstones. Your the first to try it other than myself that I know of.
        Those pics look great. Im honored to have my product participate in your "Madness".
        Regards
        Rich Johnson

        www.RichardSJohnson.net

        "Those who enjoy freedom must endeavor to preserve it."

        To: HOn3@yahoogroups.com
        CC: RGS@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 3, 2012
          I pulled out all my high side gons today, unpacking them from their 6
          year slumber. I put pix of them at Vance Jct. up on Photobucket:
          http://s194.photobucket.com/albums/z240/jefe4x4/Mears%20Madness%20and%20the%20Rio%20Grande%20Southern%20RR/
          There are 20-some-odd gons on there, all built to resemble pix of the
          prototype numbered car, and most of them seen on the RGS. My stuff
          pales compared to Steve Durnin's output of 45 individually built-to-
          pix high and low side gons. Since they all ran on Mears' Madness, we
          chose numbers so as to have no number duplications. We could field
          nearly 70 gons if we had to. Fortunately, we never had to.
          regards, as always, jefe