install a SDN144PS in a MDC 2 truck shay

  • James Lang
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 4, 2012
      has anyone installed a SDN144PS decoder in a MDC 2 truck shay? looking for speaker location.
      Thanks in advance for any infomation.

      Jim Lang
    • John / Janet Lee
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 6, 2012
        I installed my oval speaker in the roof of the cab making a black Plasticard box shaped to fit the roof and located back by small amount to clear the front windows. Adding glazed windows makes the speaker box virtually unnoticeable.
        John Lee.
      • Dave
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 6, 2012
          Have done three speakers in cabs of 2 truck shays, one I trimmed the unseen side of engineer and fireman. This makes the blocked view less noticable.
          Is any one is interested in an unbuilt in box, new old stock, HOn3 2 truck with factory can motor.
          I was saving it for a sound Shay and have bought the NWSL re gear kit, but there can be only so many "some day projects"

          Dave