Re: [HOn3] Re: Micro Trains HOn3

  • Kjb80401@aol.com
    Message 1 of 61 , Jan 31, 2012
      Do you think that the fact they're located in Oregon and real examples of
      Colorado railroad equipment is in Colorado that they opted to make their
      offerings based off of plans and other informations in an attempt to mimic
      what Colorado railroads had? Not a viable excuse, but a possible reason.

      Keevan
    • rckwallaby
      Message 61 of 61 , Feb 8, 2012
        --- In HOn3@yahoogroups.com, Joe Bill Ferguson <jbferg_80@...> wrote:

        > ... response ... from Micro Trains ....  the sales that we received from the first 4 HOn3 body styles we made were just to low to justify the creation of any more tooling.  ... will not be offering any more HOn3 car styles.

        Interesting thread this. For what it's worth, I'm also a free lance HOn3'er and liked the diversity of gondola and reefers that M-T came out with. It suited my goals to have a few but not a lot.

        I was really looking forward to their log car and expected to buy 20 or more and then some. That's what I'm mostly into. HOn3 logging. But when the cars came out I bought none. zero. zip. nada.
        Simply put, the way the coupler box hung out below the log beam, just looked totally unprototypical to me and I was not going to have that look anywhere on my layout. I did eventually buy one (1) from a local hobby shop, but it did nothing to change my attitude to this car.

        And that kind of did it for me with Micro-Trains regretably. I've never been much interested in their product again.

        I have a good number of Blackstone cars, but not huge, because I don't model D&RGW. I'm happy to overpaint or just leave these cars as is. The quality of them to my eye, is superb and they are the standard for HOn3 by which I'll compare most else. Even brass.

        I'm looking forward to the BS EBT Hoppers because I'm into the EBT and use the Hallmark locos as my main HOn3 power. I have 5 of them so far. And I have at least 50 EBT Hoppers on order. So keen to see them along side my half dozen brass ones and dozen or so Quality Craft models.

        If BS were to come out with an EBT Mike, I'd certainly buy more but I don't have to wait. I have enough.

        That's my .02 cents worth.
        Cheers

        Phil Morrow
        Melbourne