Re: [HOn3] Re: Roundhouse

    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 1, 2012
      I use a C C Crow Ridgeway roundhouse as my main engine facility. Every
      engine I have up through K37's and articulateds fit in. The cab
      curtains on a couple brass engines just rub on the doors - but they go
      in. I've posted a couple photos in my album "Vail's Structures.

      Jim Vail

      On 1/1/2012 6:57 AM, sanjuangeol1947 wrote:

      > While on the discussion of HOn3 roundhouses, has anyone had any
      > experience with Blackstone K-27's and C-19's fitting in the CC Crow
      > Ridgway roundhouse, or the RMMW Rico or Crystal River D & RGW 2 stall
      > engine houses?
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > TED

    • aghess2
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 2, 2012
        Thanks much for the inputs on the C C Crow Ridgway roundhouse. I am currently modeling the RGS Ridgway facility in HOn3 and have been searching for the C C Crow kit with no success. Does anyone have one of these in the closet that they would consider selling or know who might? If not I guess I will need to scratch build it. I have many pictures but non with enough detail to determine the correct brick pattern. Can anyone tell me if this is a standard brick pattern or running bond? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

        Andy
      • Mark
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 3, 2012
          Andy,

          I don't know how close the brick and pier patterns tie in but DownTown Deco made an engine house kit out of hydrocal which I always thought could be made into a passable representation of Rico Engine House. I bought some walls from them a few years ago but then Bill Banta came up with the D&RGW Sargants round house kit which fitted the bill better.

          MarkK

          --- In HOn3@yahoogroups.com, "aghess2" <aghess@...> wrote:

          > Thanks much for the inputs on the C C Crow Ridgway roundhouse. I am currently modeling the RGS Ridgway facility in HOn3 and have been searching for the C C Crow kit with no success. Does anyone have one of these in the closet that they would consider selling or know who might? If not I guess I will need to scratch build it. I have many pictures but non with enough detail to determine the correct brick pattern. Can anyone tell me if this is a standard brick pattern or running bond? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
          >
          > Andy

        • aghess2
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 3, 2012
            Thanks Mark,