NWSL Wheels -- was: Re: Bemo HOn30 Rumanian R45H Diesel

  • ablecynic
    Message 1 of 25 , Nov 1, 2011
      Speaking of NWSL and wheels, I have heard that they (NWSL) are rethinking their wheel offerings -- they are not a very profitable item but take a lot of time. We have been blessed, in our little segment of the hobby, to have had their HOn3 and HOn30 wheel sets for years but if they are still to be around, I expect to pay a lot more for them.

      Matt

      --- In HOn3@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn" <ghazel@...> wrote:

      > Nix (maybe) on the 12mm to 10.5mm regauging. Sometimes the inner gear boxes will be too wide on HOm models to allow pushing in of the wheels.

      NWSL did make some HOn3 geared wheel sets for the flea. The problem here is matching the gear to the Bemo gears.

    • davidry@osorail.com
      Message 2 of 25 , Nov 2, 2011
        The primary tweak we're making to our wheelsets is that we are no longer
        offering bulk. In this current business climate there is just no way to
        get any kind of economy of scale, so we're just doing packaged product.
        We'll still continue to make HOn3 and HOn30; we just have to pull back
        from bulk pricing.

        >Speaking of NWSL and wheels, I have heard that they (NWSL) are rethinking their wheel offerings -- they are
        >not a very profitable item but take a lot of time. We have been blessed, in our little segment of the hobby, to
        >have had their HOn3 and HOn30 wheel sets for years but if they are still to be around, I expect to pay a lot
        >more for them.

        Dave Rygmyr
        NorthWest Short Line (www.nwsl.com)
        Oso Publishing & Evergreen Hill Designs (www.osorail.com)
      • ablecynic
        Message 3 of 25 , Nov 3, 2011
          Dave,

          Thanks for the clarification! Good to know they will still be available.

          Matt