Pueblo & Salt Lake RR

  • Wolfgang Dudler
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2011
      With my narrow gauge Silver Valley RR I have a lot of fun. But with
      modules it's hard to get any grades. So I came to the idea to build a
      permanent layout in this room. I've got the idea from an John Armstrong
      article in MR Jan 1962, "To Hardscrabble, the hard way: a track plan". I
      drew this plan for my 13' x 16' (4m x 5m) room. And I've made a few
      changes.

      This article was the key for my new narrow gauge railroad. I've expanded
      the plan for my 13' x 16' (4m x 5m) room and made a few changes.

      Important, my staging yard is dual gauge. Narrow gauge trains run from
      staging to Esperanza and don't start at Esperanza.
      For now I have to empty the room and install some background. And
      building turnouts. This is the very first turnout for this layout, code
      70 #8 dual gauge. And this turnout is for staging! :-)

      --
      Wolfgang
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 19, 2011
        Esperanza needs a crossing, well, it took me a few days ... :-)
        http://www.westportterminal.de/blog11-15/blog11-10/11-10-19_IMG_3541-50_1000.jpg

        Scratch building is fun !

        --
        Wolfgang
        --
        Pueblo& Salt Lake RR
        Come to us http://www.westportterminal.de http://hon3forums.com/
      • Ryan Moats
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 19, 2011
          >Esperanza needs a crossing, well, it took me a few days ... :-)
          >http://www.westportterminal.de/blog11-15/blog11-10/11-10-19_IMG_3541-50_100
          0.jpg

          >Scratch building is fun !

          Is that a 14 degree crossing? And yes it is... one of the reasons the B&CC
          is all hand built...

          Ryan
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 19, 2011
            Very nice job!

            Jim Vail

            On 10/19/2011 8:36 AM, Wolfgang Dudler wrote:
            > Esperanza needs a crossing, well, it took me a few days ... :-)
            > http://www.westportterminal.de/blog11-15/blog11-10/11-10-19_IMG_3541-50_1000.jpg
            >
            > Scratch building is fun !

          • Nolan Hinshaw
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 19, 2011
              On Oct 19, 2011, at 8:36 AM, Wolfgang Dudler wrote:

              > Esperanza needs a crossing, well, it took me a few days ... :-)
              > http://www.westportterminal.de/blog11-15/
              > blog11-10/11-10-19_IMG_3541-50_1000.jpg

              That's very tasty. FastTracks?

              > Scratch building is fun !

              That bit of craft reminded me of an artickle[sic] in Model Railroader
              ages ago with a title somewhat like "Basket-weaving in nickel silver".
              --
              Nolan Hinshaw, native Californian since 1944
              "Machen Sie ein Mann ein Feuer und er wird für einen Tag warm. Legen Sie
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 20, 2011
                Am 19.10.2011 17:43, schrieb Ryan Moats:
                >> Esperanza needs a crossing, well, it took me a few days ... :-)
                >> http://www.westportterminal.de/blog11-15/blog11-10/11-10-19_IMG_3541-50_1000.jpg
                >>
                >> Scratch building is fun !
                > Is that a 14 degree crossing? And yes it is... one of the reasons the B&CC
                > is all hand built...
                >
                > Ryan

                It's the counterpart to a #6 dual gauge turnout.

                --
                Wolfgang
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 20, 2011
                  Am 20.10.2011 04:36, schrieb Nolan Hinshaw:
                  > On Oct 19, 2011, at 8:36 AM, Wolfgang Dudler wrote:
                  >
                  >> Esperanza needs a crossing, well, it took me a few days ... :-)
                  >> http://www.westportterminal.de/blog11-15/blog11-10/11-10-19_IMG_3541-50_1000.jpg
                  > That's very tasty. FastTracks?

                  Not FastTracks. I've made the drawing with AutoCAD, suitable to the #6
                  dual gauge turnout.
                  I cut the ties from a bigger PC board, glued them to my drawing and
                  worked along with the rails. :-)

                  --
                  Wolfgang