Paper HOn3 enclosed speeders

  • Mike Bauers
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2000
      A few weeks ago I posted the URL for some new .pdf's N. Koizumi posted
      on the web.

      I finally got around to trying to modify them for printing on
      transparency stock.

      I was fortunate that Canvas works with .pdf's as normal vector art,
      making it simple to replace the gray window color with clear. I was also
      able to put the two HOn9 speeders on one sheet instead of the two with
      the matching On30 speeders of the original two pages.

      A pure Canvas save preserves all the detail of the original .pdf's while
      there was some detail loss in a .pdf save of the new page. I'm certain
      that the missing lower door lines of the smallest speeder and the
      reduced vents could have been enhanced with slightly thicker lines to
      better survive the translation.....

      But regardless, You'll find the combined two speeder .pdf in the
      HOn3@onelist shared files section as KisoSpeedersPM.pdf .... within the
      folder labeled modeltemplates.

      N. Koizumi has published a great pair of speeders.... I just wish there
      was a drive tiny enough to slip into the smaller Fairmont sized speeder.......

      But that larger one could be more easily powered !!!!!

      At least a few quite interesting static speeders could be put on the
      layout from these nice little drawings. Try them. Print them on
      moderately heavy paper, card, or if you have an Alps printer that can
      print with an underlay of white, or can do similar underlays with your
      printer...... print them on transparency stock with resulting clear windows.

      I don't have the original URL handy at the moment, but it can be found
      by a search of the HOn3 list archives under 'Koizumi'.

      regards,
      Mike Bauers

      p.s.

      Now that I'm certain I can work with the .pdfs, I can do a bit more
      modification to make a few etched brass speeders for personal use. These
      drawings are a great trainer for how to make one piece etching master
      drawings.

      I've recently discovered a $75 etching set-up that together with a $65
      laminator press, $0.50 a sheet, uncoated decal paper, and a common
      computer printer..... might just make a modest priced d-i-y workbench
      etching rig. I have to confirm this by running a few tests. The results
      may be very interesting. It works for making circuit boards, perhaps it
      will work as well for etching brass sheet models.

      --
      [Home Computer etching/3d scanning/milling/drawings to models/pics to
      drawings/cad? Look over ModelersCad at http://www.Onelist.com/community/modelerscad%5d