Re: [HOn3] Goose Decals

  • briar1@fuse.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2011
      ----John SOme where in the last week i found a set that I bought many years ago. It is not complete . I will try to find it tonight and see what is missing. I don't plan on using them. Thanks

      Ric Case
      EBT rr
      HAmilton Ohio
      513 863-0091 home
      513-518-3926 cell.

      John Dowling <dwlngjohn@...> wrote:
      > I'm still trying to find decals for my unlettered Con-Cor Goose, and I'm hoping> John

    • John Dowling
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2011
        Wayne,

        Thank you! See ya there.

        John

        --- In HOn3@yahoogroups.com, RoundBell@... wrote:

        > I will try to remember my Thinfilms, their RGS black will do it. Salida
        > Roundhouse Wayne Weiss
      • Robert
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 1, 2011
          Are there any decals for the black trim along the edges of the Pierce Arrow freight "boxes"? The Con-Cor model is beautiful, except that it lacks those black edges. I think the only Pierce Arrow freight version without that black framing is #3. But #7 definitely had the black all the time if photos are any indication.

          Robert
        • Steven Haworth
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 1, 2011
            I think you'd have to mask & paint that, given the chamfers (curves) at the
            corners. You can get basic black striping decals from MicroScale, which
            would get you close.

            - Steven Haworth
            Rio Grande Southern RR site - http://rgsrr.home.comcast.net/

            On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 4:52 PM, Robert <rkfurrer@...> wrote

            > **
            >
            > Are there any decals for the black trim along the edges of the Pierce Arrow
            > freight "boxes"? The Con-Cor model is beautiful, except that it lacks those
            > black edges. I think the only Pierce Arrow freight version without that
            > black framing is #3. But #7 definitely had the black all the time if photos
            > are any indication.

          • Robert
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 3, 2011
              Thanks Steven,

              Its exactly those chamfers, or corner curves, that make me hesitate to get started with stripe decals.

              Robert