Re: Capturing a piece of History

  • Hart Corbett
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 6, 2011
      "M" and Curt:

      Thanks very much for your compliments!

      "M", as you may have noticed, a lot of my photos originally were for my own modeling purposes, which is why there are five foot ""measuring sticks" in a lot of those Durango yards photos. However, after the passage of 50 years, I realized they were more than that and thus posted them where others could use them.

      I have lots and lots of them, mostly in B&W (tight budget), so they're no use for colors. I carried those measuring sticks in my 4x4 for years and still have them in my garage. A couple of times, particularly back in the 1960s and 1970s, I sort of systematically wandered through the Chama yards with them and my camera, making lots of photos for modeling purposes.

      With best regards, Hart

      <<< Re: Capturing a piece of History
      Posted by: "k27rgs" mjbd@... k27rgs
      Date: Tue Jul 5, 2011 7:48 am ((PDT))

      Hart

      Thanks for the link. I've saved the pdf files and look forward to reading your adventures. My collection of photos was purely for modeling purposes for myself and others around the world, but maybe one day some of them will be of historic reference.

      thanks again for sharing

      best wishes

      "M" >>>