Re: [HOn3] Labelle kits, was D&RGW R.P.O.& Baggage underbody detail

  • Mike Chaney
    Message 1 of 23 , Jul 1, 2011
      Mike Bauers wrote:-

      > After-all, we are willing to compromise true scale modeling by having
      > large electric motors in our model steam locomotives...............

      I'm still waiting for Blackstone to come out with a steam and thick black
      smoke generator - synchronised to all the different sounds, of course (:>)

      Mike Chaney
    • Matthew Halbert
      Message 2 of 23 , Jul 1, 2011
        --- In HOn3@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Halbert" <MHalbert@...> wrote:

        > Does anybody have a photo or diagram and can you suggest a manufacturer for the parts? Do these cars use the same details as the Jackson & Sharp coaches?
        > Thanks in advance,
        > Matthew C. Halbert

        From all the posts that my original question somehow generated, I would like to thank the 2 posters that actually attempted to answer my question. I am in this hobby for enjoyment and comradery and I am troubled by the "recent unpleasantness". I once played in a work associated softball league on a Saturday when I was a new intern. Our "team" had just enough sour pusses that couldn't stand to lose, that I never went to another game again. I had to work with some of these people, but I don't have play with them in my free time.

        Sincerely,
        Matthew C. Halbert
      • Hart Corbett
        Message 3 of 23 , Jul 4, 2011
          To me, the best solution to the coach size difference is just to run the LaBelles in one train and the BS ones in another.

          IIRCC, I built the LaBelles about 45 years ago. I've liked them for years and were fun to build. I even put an interior in one, complete with Weston passenger figures on the seats. Remember Weston? They were quite good, and part of the Campbell line, but are no longer available.

          With regard to RTR stuff, especially Blackstone: when I was much younger and most of my life was before me, I liked to take time to kitbash and build things by hand, especially structures. I never bought a structure kit that didn't have a prototype. Invariably in those days, the kits simplified the prototype a lot. Since most of the prototypes in question were on old narrow gauge lines and I had photographed most of them, I just used my photos to build a more accurate structure. Took time but it was fun. The old Timberline kits and the old Classic Miniatures kits were some that were modified by me.

          Now, at age 74, and realizing that most of my life is behind me (I started modeling HOn3 in late 1960, over 51 years ago) and that there possibly may not be too many modeling years ahead of me (one never knows), I welcome the RTR stuff. The younger members of this List won't yet know that feeling; in time, you will.

          BTW, I first got to know the Soundtraxx people when their big market was for sound systems in garden railway engines. Their line was know as "Soundtraxx Sierra" and their customer service was as good then as it is now. That was back in the mid-1990s. The Sierra line no longer is made; the technology was 1980s.

          With best regards, Hart
        • David Nitsch
          Message 4 of 23 , Jul 5, 2011
            To all: Weston figures and Campbell Scale Models are still available! Lot of folks think neither are available any more! Link enclosed Dave.......

            http://www.campbellscalemodelsonline.com/category_s/59.htm

          • Hart Corbett
            Message 5 of 23 , Jul 6, 2011
              Dave:

              Thank you!

              I searched for them last Fall as a favor to a friend and got nowhere. Google and other searches, telephone calls, etc.

              Just a bit pricey now . . . . last time I bought any Weston figures, they sold for under a a dollar. They all were hand painted; I wonder if these are.

              The link took a while to load. On my Apple iMac Safari app, I had to "refresh" the loading before it would complete the loading.

              With best regards, Hart

              <<< Re: D&RGW R.P.O.& Baggage underbody detail
              Posted by: "David Nitsch" fishmittens2@... fishmittens2
              Date: Tue Jul 5, 2011 9:26 am ((PDT))