Re:Blackstone Models EBT Hoppers Important Info

  • Jim Overman
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2010
      To confirm Pat's post. Here is a picture of the EBT Hoppers in Chama.

      According to the Friends of the C&TS's web site, they bought five hoppers in
      2000, listed as non-historic work cars. It did not say who they bought them
      from. Two EBT numbers were unknown and the other three were numbered, 978,
      1044, and 1954.

      Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, their current web site has eliminated
      the links to the rolling stock. Maybe, some can comment on this.

      IMG_0442.JPG

      JimO

      jloverman@...

    • railwayeng
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2010
        --- In HOn3@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Overman" <jloverman@...> wrote:

        > To confirm Pat's post. Here is a picture of the EBT Hoppers in Chama.

        You can NOT attach photos to your post in this group.

        Yahoo strips it off..

        You must put the photo in "Photos...section.

        See the box on the left upper corner???? it says photos.

        Click that. That's where you upload photos.

        FYI
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2010
          Among other users: circa 1969 either White Pass or their contractor
          purchased about a dozen of the EBT standard 3-bay hoppers for use as
          ballast cars. This was during the upgrading of the line, to handle
          the Anvil Mine concentrates traffic that kept the RR in active freight
          operation for another 15 years. I believe that there may still be a
          few left on the line.

          John Stutz
        • Doug Cummings
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 1, 2010
            Sumter Valley has some, I think they got theirs from the WP&Y. The WP&Y
            replaced most of theirs with some newer ones from Newfoundland but I think
            they may still have a couple.
            Doug