Re: [HOn3] Blackstone accessory kit

  • rgmodels@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 2, 2010
      Rio Grande Models has curtains and water bags so you can delete them from your list.

      eric

      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 2, 2010
        That's also known as 'instant gratification'. Which mant seem to prefer
        these days.

        Keevan

        In a message dated 10/2/2010 6:37:32 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
        dfhollis@... writes:

        One piece at a time you can buy everything on the list but I think the
        intent is to have it all in one place at one time when you open the box.

      • Don Bergman
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 2, 2010
          What we need is early 20th century attire.

          Don B
        • dfhollis@comcast.net

            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 3, 2010
              One email. two responses....... Gadddds! My efficiency level this early in the morning is astounding....

              "Whomever came up with the idea should be on the phone asap on start talking to vendors about putting this type of a package together. ...hollis5632"

              Who needs a phone? All the important people are "listening" right here.

              "What we need is early 20th century attire. ....Don B"

              AMEN! Start with hats. And keep in mind here that a big part of our layout scenery involves industrial subjects. Look at pictures of early 20th and late 19th century workers and what you see is everybody wearing hats. Distinctive styles that are rare today in everyday life. The clothing is bland, somewhat tight fitting and usually buttoned at the neck. Easy to do with simple carving and filling of currently available figures.
              Now look at what's available in hobby shops. All these beautiful made Woodland Scenics and Prieser figures that we study and pass by. For the most part the figures are distinctly modern late 20th century. No hats or a few with rounded and quite distinct hard hats. And then there are the "action" figures. OK, I guess, if you are into snapshots or are modeling primarily to please children and casual "uninfected" layout visitors.
              But here we are rediscovering animation in our layouts. So picture your Blackstone with it's fantastic sound system drifting by some guy posing on one leg with a tennis racquet held up in the air. What's wrong with that picture.
              OK -- Who is going to be the first one to make and sell just HO scale hats?
              Simple resin castings that are solid. So you'd have to trim off the head of the figure and carefully file the bottom of the hat to fit.

              Ed Weldon (stir, stir; waiting for the pot to start boiling)