Re: [HOn3] K27 pulling power

  • RoundBell@aol.com
    Message 1 of 25 , Sep 30, 2010
      A lot of reports said they had experienced increased pulling power from
      their 1st run K-27 as they ran them and the treads got rough upped. This may
      explain why the new second run K-27 doesn't pull as well as your new 2nd run
      K-27. In 6 months of running they will probably pull the same. LocoDoc

      In a message dated 9/30/2010 12:56:53 A.M. Central Standard Time,
      denzack@... writes:

      My 2nd run K27 doesn't have the pulling power of the first. It slips
      on the grades with fewer cars than the 1st run Blackstones can handle.
      Has anyone else notice this?
      Dennis

    • mmtb844
      Message 2 of 25 , Oct 1, 2010
        I am wondering I have a 2% grade with BS K it will pull 6 car and Caboose fine but doing a 3% the same train stalls out about 3/4 the way up the grade is that a good load for the engine or should the snoot go on the track or wheels
        Rod in Dolores

        Message 3 of 25 , Oct 1, 2010
          My post-wreck 461 hauled 12 cars up a 4% grade, started to slip only when it hit
          the curve.  A little weight (heavy hand) and it pulled them all up.  About 1/3
          of cars were eiher BS or MicroTrains, the rest generic trucks but no brass cars.
           Mike Conder

          Message 4 of 25 , Oct 1, 2010
            Hello Mike my 7 car consist was 2 miro trains RGS box, 2 flats and 2 gons one with a fake coal load and the other a Drop with a real coal load are BS they started to slip and stalled out about 3/4 up the grade.
            Some one said they put something down on the tracks and let it dry for about 3 days , was that the Bull frog watered down or the CRC stuff
            Rod in Warm Gooseless Dolores

            Message 5 of 25 , Oct 1, 2010
              CRC

              Mike Conder