CMX Track Cleaner Conversion to HOn3

  • Rick
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 3, 2010
      I'm sure I saw it somewhere on this group but can't find it. Can someone steer me to the files or wherever the info may be for converting a CMX N scale track cleaning car to HOn3. If this car is as good as I have heard it will be a lifesaver as my scenery is quickly making my track harder to clean by hand.
    • Bruce Petrarca Mr. DCC
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 3, 2010
        Rick -

        I LOVE the CMX cars. Although I haven't done it, I'd look at putting
        HOn3 trucks on the N-scale version of it. IMHO, the HO version would
        look out of scale in a HOn3 train. I'd look at the Blackstone trucks,
        except that they don't have integral couplers and the tank is not
        designed to have a coupler mounted to it.

        Bruce Petrarca, Mr. DCC

        Visit Mr. DCC's University at http://www.MrDCCU.com

        Rick wrote:
        > I'm sure I saw it somewhere on this group but can't find it. Can someone steer me to the files or wherever the info may be for converting a CMX N scale track cleaning car to HOn3. If this car is as good as I have heard it will be a lifesaver as my scenery is quickly making my track harder to clean by hand.
      • Wolfgang Dudler
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 3, 2010
          Am 03.09.2010 15:25, schrieb Rick:
          > I'm sure I saw it somewhere on this group but can't find it. Can someone steer me to the files or wherever the info may be for converting a CMX N scale track cleaning car to HOn3. If this car is as good as I have heard it will be a lifesaver as my scenery is quickly making my track harder to clean by hand.

          I don't know how to convert it. I had built my own:
          http://www.westportterminal.de/tctc.html
          At that time still SG.

          --
          Wolfgang
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 3, 2010
            Tonys Train Exchange website
            under tec tips - dcc

            Richard in Tehachapi
            I'm sure I saw it somewhere on this group but can't find it. Can someone steer me to the files or wherever the info may be for converting a CMX N scale track cleaning car to HOn3. If this car is as good as I have heard it will be a lifesaver as my scenery is quickly making my track harder to clean by hand.

          • Railroad Modeler
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 3, 2010
              A direct link:
              http://www.tonystrains.com/technews/cmxn_mod_to_hon3.htm
              Regards,
              Ken Berry

              Subject: Re: [HOn3] CMX Track Cleaner Conversion to HOn3

              Tonys Train Exchange website

              I'm sure I saw it somewhere on this group but can't find it. Can someone
              steer me to the files or wherever the info may be for converting a CMX N
              scale track cleaning car to HOn3.
            • Hart Corbett
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 4, 2010
                The direct link to the reference which Richard in Tehachapi referred is (at least, I THINK this is what he meant):

                http://www.tonystrains.com/technews/cmxn_mod_to_hon3.htm

                With best regards, Hart Corbett

                <<< Re: CMX Track Cleaner Conversion to HOn3
                Posted by: "Richard Cantrell" richardc8825@... richardc8825@...
                Date: Fri Sep 3, 2010 8:22 am ((PDT))

                Tonys Train Exchange website
                under tec tips - dcc

                Richard in Tehachapi
                . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 5, 2010
                  Hi Rick,

                  Like Hart, I believe the car you want to see is the one linked by Hart to Tony's website. The modeler who built it was me, sooo...if you have any questions about the project, feel free to email or phone me...the number is on my website below in a number of places...look forward to hearing from you.

                  Regards,

                  Phil Floyd

                  "The Shay Fixer"
                  at: http://www.shayfixer.com/index.htm

                  Also, check out...

                  "Testtraxx"... the stationary locomotive test/trackstand
                  at: http://www.shayfixer.com/Testtraxxhome.htm

                  Date: Fri Sep 3, 2010 8:22 am ((PDT))