HOn3 Annual

  • Brett Payne
    Message 1 of 65 , Oct 1, 2009
      I patiently awaited my copy. NO I DIDN'T! I wrote Chris Lane 3 days
      ago to double check he had sent it!

      I have scanned through the content of the annual and after reading the
      feedback on these lists I would like to add my view. It is a great
      magazine and I am proud to be part of it. With regard to paying homage
      to the NGSL Gazette and asking why the HOn3 authors from their were not
      more involved, I have to wonder why. The Gazette is a great magazine
      and offers content that I find unique and valuable. The authors in the
      Gazette are accomplished and I count several of them as my friends too.
      But what the HOn3 has done is to bring more authors out of the closet
      and created a greater pool of authors for all the magazines.

      Instead of just the Gazette as it used to be, today we have NGDU, the
      Carsten's Annuals, the Finescale Modeler Annuals, LID and CNGQ and also
      the narrow gauge content in the major international magazine. For this
      type of information we are far richer than we ever were.

      In parallel our long suffering HOn3 kit manufacturers have been joined
      by Blackstone, Micro Trains and Con-Cor!

      To those who claimed we are a dying corner of a dying hobby I think we
      can safely say they were wrong.

      With regard to the lack of a "What is HOn3" article in this first annual
      I notice the first two articles actually approached this from some
      interesting perspectives. I would also suggest the web article posted
      on the Annual 's website was a great booster and value add.

      Cheers
      (off to read my Annual cover to cover)

      Brett Payne
    • Bicycleb
      Message 65 of 65 , Nov 17, 2016
        Yup, It's all good.  I really haven't anything to complain about since i just signed up for the Narrow Gauge Downunder Mag so I do have some reading.
        And of course there is Maui..................from my beach-front condo albeit with very little space for a layout.  Latest iteration is 4'X2' built on a piece of furniture-type base with workspace inside.  I open the door, turn on the LED lights and work under the layout.  Layout is still a styrofoam desert but track will be laid soon and then i can place the buildings I have been working on.  Newest project is Dead Horse Bay.
        Mahalo
        Bruce U.

        On Thursday, November 17, 2016 9:57 AM, "Mark Lewis narrowrails12@... [HOn3]" <HOn3@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Bruce:

        Hang on a little longer...the wait will be worth it!

        Mark Lewis
        Stony Point, North Carolina

        On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 2:45 AM, Bicycleb bicycleb2002@... [HOn3] <HOn3@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        It seems that folks in Europe and most of the US have gotten their copy of the preordered HOn3 Annual but I still have not seen mine here in Maui...................go figure.
        Bruce