WMC HOn3 C-25 Available

  • lentraley
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31 6:28 PM
      All the recent discussion regarding the WMC C-25 reminded me that I have an extra that I will not need. The model is in great condition and has been test-run only. The boiler weight has never been installed. The original ugly red foam has been replaced with an appropriate foam set from Re-Boxx. This was done before any red transfer to the model. Pictures will be provided upon request. Price is $275 plus shipping of your choice. Payment can be PayPal or money order. Please contact me off-line if you are interested.

      FWIW I purchased two of these models many years back, because they had very good mechanisms. Several months ago I re-motored one of the two using a LocoDoc K-25 Super Glide Drive kit. I can report that this is a VERY worthwhile project and resulted in a model that runs as well as the "Jim Vail Standard" (the WMC Hi-Grade C-16). The process is straight forward and was accomplished in about 4 hours at my normal funereal pace (VERY SLOW). I decided to make the second available, because my California based railroad already has enough Colorado type models to REALLY stretch the imagination.

      Now I have to get around to installing fireman-side driver wipers and a Micro-Tsunami.

      Len Raley