Re: [HOn3] Re: Horizon Hobbies

  • RoundBell@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 30, 2009
      $30K is one tenth of my inventory at the Salida (Colorado) Roundhouse in a
      town of 6000 people. If you have the inventory "THEY WILL COME". Wayne
      Weiss

      In a message dated 6/30/2009 11:05:40 P.M. Central Standard Time,
      climax@... writes:

      $30K is not that much really. When I started a hobby shop in Orlando Fl I
      started with between $35 and 40K of material and then increased it to
      nearly
      $120K over three years.
      Mule

    • Rich Strebendt
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 1, 2009
        --- In HOn3@yahoogroups.com, Kjb80401@... wrote:

        > I do. Many I know do. Even if the shelf price is higher than the
        > discounters price. And no "S&H" involved. Doesn't cost much out
        > of your pocket
        > to retain the LHS. Just do it, as has been said somewhere.

        > In a message dated 6/30/2009 9:18:30 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
        > sagenut3@... writes:
        >
        > Support your local brick and mortar hobby shop!!! before they ALL
        > go away.

        That is great if you live in a large urban area and have local hobby shops available. I am in the Chicago area and have a number of hobby shops to choose from; my four favorites are all within an hour's drive. On the other hand, many of us live in places that require several hours of driving to get to a hobby shop.

        My personal preference is a "brick and mortar" shop that also has a Web presence. I frequently drop in at my local hobby shops, but I also do a lot of shopping after 9pm!

        Rich Strebendt
      • Tim Schreiner
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 1, 2009
          I envy you! We could never get above $15,000 in inventory. Just didn't have the money to afford it.

          Tim Schreiner
          prancingponysales.com