Re: New Boy on the block!.....

  • Craig Linn
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 2, 2009
      Welcome to the 'sickness' Brian. (Of course...it's a good sickness...heheheheheh)

      If you are not hand laying I'd go with either Code 55 or Code 70. I have used code 70 on my layout so far, just for ease of construction (I'm handlaying though). Best bet for switches would be Litco or Shinohara. My father used the Shinohara and they work wonderfully.

      Depending on how much you want to spend, there are some great brass loco's out there as well. And one of our resident experts Lorrie has some wonderful instructions on the files section of the site on how to remotor those great looking brass engines. Also, you can't go wrong with the K-27's from Blackstone (I have two myself).

      Welcome again and hope you have fun with your empire.

      Craig

    • brian_ann@xtra.co.nz
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 3, 2009
        --- In HOn3@yahoogroups.com, "mmtb844" <mmtb844@...> wrote:
        >thanks,Rod,
        I had already gotten onto Caboose Hobbies (huge store when you view their video) and Klein/Modeltrainstuff...I'll keep looking,learning and buying...no necessarily in that order!

        thanks again
        Brian a.