Re: [HOn3] Narrow Gauge Along the Chili Line

  • harold huber
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2008
      Steve,
      I have received this numerous times and want you to know I am seriously tempted to attend. I thoroughly enjoyed myself at the RMR Regional Convention this spring and now that I am retired I may be able to make it. Also have two buddies that are narrow gauge crazies too so depending on the weather from Sheridan WY to Albuquerque NM at that time we may show up. By the way, one of my friends is Don Bailey in Colorado Springs of Slim Rails Fame. He is a Chili Line Nut and last summer walked a big portion of the line with numerous photos taken, I'll see if he wants to give a clinic on that. Let you know later.
      Harold Huber
      President RMR, NMRA
      Research Librarian
      Sheridan, WY
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2008
        Harold,

        I'm just helping out the Santa Fe guys by getting the word out. Tony
        Kassin is the main man, so please call him regarding a clinic. His
        phone number is on the web site.

        Best regards,

        Steve

        On Oct 1, 2008, at 6:01 AM, harold huber wrote:

        > Steve,
        > I have received this numerous times and want you to know I am
        > seriously tempted to attend. I thoroughly enjoyed myself at the RMR
        > Regional Convention this spring and now that I am retired I may be
        > able to make it. Also have two buddies that are narrow gauge
        > crazies too so depending on the weather from Sheridan WY to
        > Albuquerque NM at that time we may show up. By the way, one of my
        > friends is Don Bailey in Colorado Springs of Slim Rails Fame. He is
        > a Chili Line Nut and last summer walked a big portion of the line
        > with numerous photos taken, I'll see if he wants to give a clinic on
        > that. Let you know later.
        > Harold Huber
        > President RMR, NMRA
        > Research Librarian
        > Sheridan, WY

      • Dave Jamriska
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 4, 2008
          Hi All,

          If anyone is interested you can see photos of some of these layouts at:

          www.santafemodelrailroadclub.org

          for Raton Pass and the LANRR

          www.nmngmc.org

          for the modular group and Paul Sturtz's Nn3 layout

          Dave J.

        • Dave Jamriska
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 4, 2008
            Hi Folks,

            Just a note to let you all know that the website for "Narrow Gauge Along the Chili Line has been updated.  Planned events include a car trip along the remains of the Chili Line from Santa Fe to Antinito and a number of clinics. Dick Dorman will present one using his slides of the Chili Line.  There will also be some RR open houses so if your in the area stop in.

            Check out:

            www.ngchililine.org

            Dave Jamriska
            Los Alamos and Northern RR