Re: Trees

  • Rick C Shoup
    Message 1 of 57 , Oct 1, 1999
      Jim this is incredible. Now Boone's got a town named after him. Or is it
      the other way around.

      As an aside there is also a Booneboro in Western MD. Proported to be the
      location where he lead pioneer parties from through the Allegheny
      mountains. (Is he really that old?)

    • Kjb80401@aol.com
      Message 57 of 57 , Mar 12, 2011
        "manzanita as a tree form?", sounds like you've got something there.
        Carry on. Here in Colorado we only gots sagebrush, and other weeds, to work
        with, but zillions and zillions of them.

        Keevan

        In a message dated 3/12/2011 1:15:03 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
        ejewett1@... writes:

        Speaking of trees (re: sagebrush as the form) - has anybody looked at
        manzanita as a tree form? The tips of the branches generally have multiple
        forks, and would do well for oaks or some orchard trees, and the more vertical
        bits are a natural for madrones, since the bark is similar.

        Eric