Re: Trees

  • AKACOOT@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 57 , Sep 30 11:23 PM
      In a message dated 9/30/1999 6:21:40 PM Central Daylight Time,
      sshields@... writes:

      << I'm searching for a supplier of
      reasonably priced ready made trees that look really good...any
      suggestions/thoughts? >>

      High Pines Limited makes really great Pine or Fur trees at about 85 cents
      each in bulk. I respray some of my trees with spray cans of various green
      colors to get a varied effect. My close modeling friend (he's here on the
      list) reflocks his trees with his special mixture of WS foams to make trees
      that are as close to prototype as I have seen - maybe he will share his
      methods with us here!

      Oaky Doky Oaks makes super Oak trees. They run from $5 to $10 in HO
      depending on size (and up to $30 for a giant O scale Oak) but they can be
      mixed in with WS Oak trees and scratch built "sage brush trunk" trees for a
      very realistic overall effect.

      Jim
    • Kjb80401@aol.com
      Message 57 of 57 , Mar 12, 2011
        "manzanita as a tree form?", sounds like you've got something there.
        Carry on. Here in Colorado we only gots sagebrush, and other weeds, to work
        with, but zillions and zillions of them.

        Keevan

        In a message dated 3/12/2011 1:15:03 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
        ejewett1@... writes:

        Speaking of trees (re: sagebrush as the form) - has anybody looked at
        manzanita as a tree form? The tips of the branches generally have multiple
        forks, and would do well for oaks or some orchard trees, and the more vertical
        bits are a natural for madrones, since the bark is similar.

        Eric