Echo Mountain

    Message 1 of 15 , May 2, 2008
      Bill Fornshell wrote:

      > Echo Mountain: I just followed this link Echo
      > Mountain:
      >
      > http://www.echomtn.com/products.htm <http://www.echomtn.com/products.htm>
      >
      > I called them to confirm that they are still selling
      > the electrical contact kit, yes they are. They don't
      > do credit cards so I will get a money order and mail
      > them an order today or tomorrow.

      A while back, someone was asking about the original K-27 slope back
      tender. I find that Echo Mountain has sets of etchings for this in HO,
      S & O. They do a Swane Lumber #6 tender and two T-12 tenders in O, and
      could probably be persuaded to do them in HO. Also in HO, two wood C-16
      cabs, the SG cab for K-27 #455, MDC Shay conversions, plus a bunch of
      general interest stuff.

      John Stutz
    • eabracher@aol.com
      Message 2 of 15 , May 2, 2008
        The owner is Jim Oliver. He has been known to be slow. Buyer beware.

        Nice guy although.

      • Darryl Huffman
        Message 3 of 15 , May 2, 2008
          Eric,

          You can still easily contact a buyer on EBay.

          Just go to any completed listing the buyer has won, click on the number next to his user ID. (That number shows the number of transactions he has completed.)

          This brings up all his ratings. On the right hand side is a link labeled: Contact Member.

          Click on that link and an email form appears that allows you to email the member.

          Darryl Huffman
          12020 Old Seward Highway
          Anchorage, AK 99515
          darrylhuffman@...

          A link to my layout photos:

          http://www.darrylhuffman.50megs.com/index_1.html
          Message 4 of 15 , May 2, 2008
            Seems like a little misplaced criticism. The price for which something sells
            is NOT eBay's prerogative or under their control - it reflects the acumen,
            experience level and/or ignorance of the buyer. [Look at some of the prices
            on brass at Caboose!]

            Many people, especially the older group of which the hobby is largely
            comprised (average published age = 59), are not computer/internet
            sophisticated (and many don't want to be), and can't/won't do the research
            of which you are capable. Many have a small scope hobby world - regional
            LHS,eg. - and common items may seem rare to them.

            Killing the messenger will not alter the message, and certainly won't
            improve communications...Tom

            Message 5 of 15 , May 2, 2008
              Thanks Dave.....

              I have this half baked idea of leaving Milwaukee, one midnight and get
              there after breakfast.......

              Best to ya,
              Mike Bauers
              Milwaukee, Wi

              On May 2, 2008, at 8:49 AM, captaindavekrembs wrote:

              > Rhinelander Rail Road & Logging Museum is open Memorial Day to Labor
              > Day 10 AM to 5 PM daily
              > Dave
              > - In HOn3@yahoogroups.com, Mike Bauers <mwbauers55@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> You've got great ideas there........ I love the TT 'drive'.
              >>
              >> Say.......
              >>
              >> When will the Rhinelander Pioneer Park museum open for the
              > season ??
              >> I need to return there.
              >>
              >> Best to ya'
              >> Mike Bauers
              >> Milwaukee Wi, USA
            • captaindavekrembs
              Message 6 of 15 , May 2, 2008
                Tell them your a Narrow Gauger and friend of Captain Dave Krembs and
                they better let you into the layout (20'x42'+ back room staging area)!
                That should get any body from the group past the summer help.

              • Kjb80401@aol.com
                Message 7 of 15 , May 2, 2008
                  Bill,

                  A really good plan !

                  Keevan

                  In a message dated 5/2/2008 6:29:51 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
                  bfornshell@... writes:

                  If I develop a real
                  bad emotional attachment for something on ebay and the
                  price is beyond my upper limit I go for a long walk
                  while the time on that item is running out.

                  favorites at AOL Food.