Re: Future Blackstone Cars

  • soundtraxxnw
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 3, 2007
      I or Jeff will be happy to let you all know.

      As a matter of course, dealers are notified first so they have part
      numbers and pricing in their systems and are not 'blindsided' by folks
      calling them up for items they know nothing about. A web update and
      general announcement to our customers usually follows within a few
      days. I can tell you that nearly all the freight cars ordered have
      shipped to our dealers (other than those whose orders are holding due
      to illness, vacation or the like) so you should see your cars shortly!
      We hope they bring much joy!

      Nancy
    • Paul Richardson
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 3, 2007
        Nancy,

        Comments from those who have already received their cars gave them rave
        reviews. My son and I have 2 dozen cars coming to us and will no doubt order
        more when the next group is released. I have 7 of your mudhens and he has 3
        and we have been very impressed with the quality of your models. He operated
        today at the Interchange Operating session today in McKinney, Texas and ran
        some of your new cars along with his locomotives. He told me tonight the new
        cars operated flawlessly.

        Thanks for producing these top-notch models.

        Best regards,

        Paul Richardson, MMR

        Purgatory & Devil River Railroad

        Ride the P&DR on the web at:

        <http://www.purgatoryanddevilriver.com/>
        http://www.purgatoryanddevilriver.com

        PLEASE REMEMBER TO SIGN THE GUEST BOOK

      • john vivian
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 3, 2007
          Nancy and Jeff:
          Soundtraxx

          You folks deserve a massive vote of thanks and a
          general round of applause for the effort invested in
          both the HOn3 K-27 locomotives and now the box and
          stock cars.
          This afternoon one of our Slim Gauge Guild members
          picked up his pre-order RGS #455 "after the wreck"
          K-27, eight (8) various numbered and painted box cars
          and six (6) stock cars. With out ceremony the
          locomotive and all 14 cars were placed on the Club
          layout, a token caboose added and then without further
          inspection proceeded to run over all of the Club's
          narrow gauge and dual gauge trackage, including grades
          of 2.6 to 3 percent without a single fault or problem.
          It must be noted that we found some scenery (recently
          installed) that affected the Mudhen's progress, but
          that was not a fault of the locomotive.
          We were all impressed and agreed that these products
          absolutely qualify for "out of the Box" Ready To Run.
          You folks at Soundtraxx have really out done
          yourselves and done all of us in the Hobby a great
          service. I seriously doubt any new person who wishes
          to model in HOn3 will have any of the problem previous
          modelers have experienced in this scale and gauge when
          using your products.
          John Vivian
          PS: For any who might be interested I will post
          photos of this run and lots of new scenery and
          backdrop construction in the GALLERY section, Slim
          Gauge Guild album of the hobby-trains.com web site,
          after our open house Sunday. The layout will be open
          for our semi-annual Open House" from 10 to 7 Sunday
          and 6 to 10 PM Tuesday evening.

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Mark Kasprowicz
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 4, 2007
            John,

            While you're here. I have built two of your laser cut passenger cars,
            your latest kits with the resin roofs. I thoroughly enjoyed building
            them, they look great (I still have to paint the second car) and they
            are light enough so that I believe my locos will be able to pull a
            string of them up a grade, they struggle with my brass set. But a
            string of them I do not have, just a half San Juan consist. So is
            there any chance you will make a matching RPO and Parlour any time?
            And how about making those resin roofs available as a stand alone?

            Mark K
          • Bill Weiss
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 4, 2007
              Wow, now there's a pleasant switch. A manufacturer that doesn't wants
              us to commit to ordering things before they are committed to be
              produced, but wants us to wait until they are ready to advertise them.

              I applaud Blackstone for this, as opposed to the "buy a pig in a
              poke" committments that others are insisting upon before even
              agreeing to make a model !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

              Bill

              --- In HOn3@yahoogroups.com, "soundtraxxnw" <nw@...> wrote:

              > Please forgive me for jumping in, but this is Nancy from Blackstone
              > Models and SoundTraxx and I feel I MUST make a statemetn regarding
              > this email, as I feel it may be misleading.
              >
              > While I am thrilled that Craig is so excited about our freight
              cars,
              > I must correct a couple of things.
              >
              > Craig cannot be 'in the process of ordering for the 2nd run' since
              we
              > have made no announcement to our dealer network (including Craig)
              > about part numbers, road numbers, heralds, pricing or availability.
              >
              > He can also not take orders for any of the other cars announced for
              > the same reason.
              >
              > I can confirm that it is our desire to produce some additional
              Stock
              > Cars and Boxcars relatively quickly and will announce the pertinent
              > information within the next month. Until then, please understand
              > that any order you place with any dealer will be speculative only -
              > we cannot accept those orders at the factory at this time. Our
              > dealers will all be notified in due time and our website updated
              with
              > the new information within a day or two of them being notified.
              Once