Re: Future Blackstone Cars

  • soundtraxxnw
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 3, 2007
      Please forgive me for jumping in, but this is Nancy from Blackstone
      Models and SoundTraxx and I feel I MUST make a statemetn regarding
      this email, as I feel it may be misleading.

      While I am thrilled that Craig is so excited about our freight cars,
      I must correct a couple of things.

      Craig cannot be 'in the process of ordering for the 2nd run' since we
      have made no announcement to our dealer network (including Craig)
      about part numbers, road numbers, heralds, pricing or availability.

      He can also not take orders for any of the other cars announced for
      the same reason.

      I can confirm that it is our desire to produce some additional Stock
      Cars and Boxcars relatively quickly and will announce the pertinent
      information within the next month. Until then, please understand
      that any order you place with any dealer will be speculative only -
      we cannot accept those orders at the factory at this time. Our
      dealers will all be notified in due time and our website updated with
      the new information within a day or two of them being notified. Once
      you see part numbers announced, you may safely order!

      Again, thanks to Craig for his enthusiasm, but he is getting ahead of
      himself and us!

      Thanks so much for all your support!

      Nancy

      In HOn3@yahoogroups.com, "bedunlevy" <bdunlevy@...> wrote:

      > I received the following e-mail from Craig Stewart at Narrow Gauge
      > Colorado:
      >
      > Bruce
      >
      > I am shipping your Blackstone Box Cars today 11-3-07 Saturday.
      >
      > You will want more of these Box and Stock Cars - They are
      exquisite.
      > We are in the process of ordering for the 2nd Run with - Stock &
      > Box Cars
      > 3-4 Additional Road Numbers each.
      >
      > Delivery Date for the 2nd run of Box & Stock cars is Dec 2007 -
      they
      > say there is a
      > chance of the 2nd run being delivered by Christmas - or soon after.
      >
      > Let me know immediately if you would like to jump on this
      opportunity
      > to get more of the Stock and Box Cars. Blackstone is sold out of
      > 1st Run.
      >
      > Second Run will be all new Road Numbers.
      >

      > Also taking orders for the following:
      >
      > 6 Road Numbers - 6000 Series Flat Cars Blackstone - Release
      Nov-
      > Dec 2008 -
      > 6 Road Numbers - Long Caboose DRGW - Release
      Nov-
      > Dec 2008 -
      > 6 Road Numbers - Hi Side Gondolas - DRGW Release
      1st
      > Quarter 2009 -
      > 6 Road Numbers - Drop Bottom Gondolas
      Release
      > 2nd Quarter 2009 -
      >
      > Will invoice for these when we get Item Numbers.
      >
      > Hope to hear from you soon.
      >
      > --
      > More good things to come.
      >
      > Bruce

    • soundtraxxnw
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 3, 2007
        I or Jeff will be happy to let you all know.

        As a matter of course, dealers are notified first so they have part
        numbers and pricing in their systems and are not 'blindsided' by folks
        calling them up for items they know nothing about. A web update and
        general announcement to our customers usually follows within a few
        days. I can tell you that nearly all the freight cars ordered have
        shipped to our dealers (other than those whose orders are holding due
        to illness, vacation or the like) so you should see your cars shortly!
        We hope they bring much joy!

        Nancy
      • Paul Richardson
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 3, 2007
          Nancy,

          Comments from those who have already received their cars gave them rave
          reviews. My son and I have 2 dozen cars coming to us and will no doubt order
          more when the next group is released. I have 7 of your mudhens and he has 3
          and we have been very impressed with the quality of your models. He operated
          today at the Interchange Operating session today in McKinney, Texas and ran
          some of your new cars along with his locomotives. He told me tonight the new
          cars operated flawlessly.

          Thanks for producing these top-notch models.

          Best regards,

          Paul Richardson, MMR

          Purgatory & Devil River Railroad

          Ride the P&DR on the web at:

          <http://www.purgatoryanddevilriver.com/>
          http://www.purgatoryanddevilriver.com

          PLEASE REMEMBER TO SIGN THE GUEST BOOK

        • john vivian
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 3, 2007
            Nancy and Jeff:
            Soundtraxx

            You folks deserve a massive vote of thanks and a
            general round of applause for the effort invested in
            both the HOn3 K-27 locomotives and now the box and
            stock cars.
            This afternoon one of our Slim Gauge Guild members
            picked up his pre-order RGS #455 "after the wreck"
            K-27, eight (8) various numbered and painted box cars
            and six (6) stock cars. With out ceremony the
            locomotive and all 14 cars were placed on the Club
            layout, a token caboose added and then without further
            inspection proceeded to run over all of the Club's
            narrow gauge and dual gauge trackage, including grades
            of 2.6 to 3 percent without a single fault or problem.
            It must be noted that we found some scenery (recently
            installed) that affected the Mudhen's progress, but
            that was not a fault of the locomotive.
            We were all impressed and agreed that these products
            absolutely qualify for "out of the Box" Ready To Run.
            You folks at Soundtraxx have really out done
            yourselves and done all of us in the Hobby a great
            service. I seriously doubt any new person who wishes
            to model in HOn3 will have any of the problem previous
            modelers have experienced in this scale and gauge when
            using your products.
            John Vivian
            PS: For any who might be interested I will post
            photos of this run and lots of new scenery and
            backdrop construction in the GALLERY section, Slim
            Gauge Guild album of the hobby-trains.com web site,
            after our open house Sunday. The layout will be open
            for our semi-annual Open House" from 10 to 7 Sunday
            and 6 to 10 PM Tuesday evening.

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Mark Kasprowicz
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 4, 2007
              John,

              While you're here. I have built two of your laser cut passenger cars,
              your latest kits with the resin roofs. I thoroughly enjoyed building
              them, they look great (I still have to paint the second car) and they
              are light enough so that I believe my locos will be able to pull a
              string of them up a grade, they struggle with my brass set. But a
              string of them I do not have, just a half San Juan consist. So is
              there any chance you will make a matching RPO and Parlour any time?
              And how about making those resin roofs available as a stand alone?

              Mark K
            • Bill Weiss
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 4, 2007
                Wow, now there's a pleasant switch. A manufacturer that doesn't wants
                us to commit to ordering things before they are committed to be
                produced, but wants us to wait until they are ready to advertise them.

                I applaud Blackstone for this, as opposed to the "buy a pig in a
                poke" committments that others are insisting upon before even
                agreeing to make a model !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                Bill