Re: [HOn3] Re: MMI K-27

    Message 1 of 86 , Aug 1, 2007
      Well, BA doesn't have them, of course. It's not a "mad dogs & Englishmen" thing, old chap. Now, if you had flown Hooters Airlines instead ....

      Mike Conder

      Mark Kasprowicz wrote:

      > What's an 'aircraft stripper'? I've travelled on many different airlines but never had this as part of the in-flight entertainment. Why do you get all the fun?

    • Laurie McLean
      Message 86 of 86 , Dec 22, 2010
        G'Day Deb,

        Where you cut the bolt heads off on the rear of the loco a suggestion - glue a
        thin piece of black styrene between the bolts so that if the loco was to "kick"
        the styrene strip will prevent a short. This is also good for the front pilot if
        the track grade is too steep from level to grade section.

        The other problem with the MMI K27 can also be the chemical blackening. This C/B
        prohibits electrical current flowing from the driver wheels through the journal
        boxes and into the frame.

        The cure is to add extra wipers to BOTH sides of the drivers being all 8 drivers
        with wipers and then reliable power will be had.

        Not all MMI k27 have this but I had it on my loco.

        Once the power problems are fixed the loco is an excellent puller.

        Laurie

        From: alco985 <debraann@...>
         Subject: [HOn3] MMI K-27

        Well after fighting it on and off for a year I think I finally got it running.
        Today I found that the bolt heads on the tender and rear engine truck we
        shorting when going over switches. I filed them of and now it runs like a champ.
        Just too much detail in the wrong place. Deb Fifield