electrical pickup Blackstone k27

  • jameshoff01
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2007
      Does any one understand how the electrical pickup works on the
      Blackstone k27? If so could you explain it to me. Thanks Jim
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2007

        > Does any one understand how the electrical pickup works on the=20
        > Blackstone k27? If so could you explain it to me. Thanks Jim

        The drivers and locomotive frame are both insulated at the center, and
        the drivers pick up on both sides. I believe that the locomotive truck
        frames are plastic, so there is no pickup from the them. Tender trucks
        are also insulated, but have direct wired pickups wiping on the axles,
        with the two trucks picking up on opposite rails. So both locomotive
        and tender have both sides pickup.

        I don't know a thing about the internal wiring. But the DCC version has
        an 8-pin connecter built into the drawbar. My guess is that it has two
        wires for track power from the loco, two for motor power to the loco,
        two for loco headlight and two for sound synchronization. Since the
        DCC/sound upgrade is supposed to be simple, I suspect the DC version has
        the same wiring. The drawbar itself is insulated.

        Would love to get a circuit diagram with wire color codes.