Re: [HOn3] Tram/trolly

  • Robert J. Thomas
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 31, 2007
      Ashutosh,

      It appears to be a 750mm or 1 metre guage between the rails and the vehicle is a gasoline/petrol/or diesel self-propelled "man-car" or "speeder". in Americanese.

      These are/were still being used on American/Canadian railroads as inspection vehicles or to transport maintenance crews.

      If it is possible to yet measure the track guage, rail-rorail, we would appreciate it.

      Also watch for additional pictures from your father's records. They may be posted to the PHOTOS section of this group.

      In addition, regardless of guage, another YAHOO group, HOn30 (for 30" guage or approximately 750 mm) might enjoy seeing any pictures or stories you uncover in your quest on information.

      Bob T

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2007
        Dear Bob

        Thank you for the article!! it is of great use. I have got some more information. The contract was given to Structural Engineering Works (SEW) by BMC (Bombay Municipal Corporation) for laying the pipeline. The pipes were prefabricated and they were transported to the actual construction site. This pipeline runs thru forest as well as had few tunnels. I did worked on the image and it says M.T No17??

        I have uploaded the image. It is big app. 9 mb zip file.

        www.printtechindia.biz/trolly_india.zip

        Best regards
        ashutosh

      • Ashutosh
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 2, 2007
          Greetings

          I found one similar?? photograph on IRFCA.

          http://www.irfca.org:80/~shankie/irhistorybook/wckgwlrcar.jpg

          Best regards
          ashutosh