Re: Where is all the mail?

  • Buzz Marsh
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 31 10:59 PM
      TO: Rick, Tom and the rest of the group, thank you for reply.
      Buzz

    • Szczowicz@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 1, 1999
        I think all lists go quiet this time of year - vacations have a lot to do
        with it. As for heat I'm glad we're not the only ones getting high
        temperatures. Yesterday in England we had a whisker short of 90 and not a
        breath of wind, unusual for this country. I've been doing some large scale
        mountain making on the RR and having to use iced water and vinegar in the mix
        just to keep the stuff from going off too fast.
        Heigh ho, best go and water the garden....again!
        Regards
        Mark
      • Szczowicz@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 1, 1999
          Oh heck, the heat must be getting to me too. The point of the mail was to ask
          where the Sn3 list is.
          Mark
        • HOn3MRR@xxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 1, 1999
            Hi All......

            If you remember, it seems to happen every year at this time......VACATION!

            For those of you lucky enough to go and/or even luckier to have one with a RR
            related theme.....PLEASE share your pics and let us know what went on.
            Sort of an adult "Show and Tell....What I did on my summer vacation" thing.

            Bill Martin
            Presque Isle Northern RR
          • wayne_walling@xxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 2, 1999
              Hey Mark,
              The last time I remember such temp.'s in England they restricted water use
              - couldn't wash cars, couldn't water gardens, and, in my wife's villiage
              (Burgh
              Castle) they restricted water use to the villiage common pump - had a bunch of
              OAP's passing out and passing away from heat stroke/exhaustion -
              I hope it isn't to that point there yet!!! :-(
              Wayne

              Wayne L. Walling, Super.
              Fac.Ops./WSU
              Pullman, WA 99164-1150
              PH: (509)335-9038
            • Szczowicz@xxx.xxx
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 3, 1999
                Wayne,
                I remember those days too. No we haven't quite got to that YET. But my lawn
                is yellow and we've had the least July rainfail since 1868. Just writing
                about it makes me thirsty.
                Mark