Re: [HOn3] Re: 4-4-0's etc.

  • Boone Morrison
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 1, 2006
      Craig:

      Gosh, I had forgotten that approach - seems like there is a way to
      get a small run of
      this stuff done - the key stuff. If they can make drivers, they
      should be able to make a frame,
      and if they can do that one can add a few pounds of PSC castings,
      some brass tube for the boiler
      (or roll one from sheet) and you got a "craftsman kit".

      If a fella can tear into an FED and get it to run well, he sure
      should be able to assemble a parts
      set of this sort...

      Aloha, Boone

    • zul36@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 1, 2006
        Guy's,
        Check this out....Get ready to eat your heart's out!

        http://members.shaw.ca/rene.gourley/loco.html

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 2, 2006
          zul36@... wrote:

          > Guy's,
          > Check this out....Get ready to eat your heart's out!
          >
          > http://members.shaw.ca/rene.gourley/loco.html
          > <http://members.shaw.ca/rene.gourley/loco.html>

          JC - beautiful work on that 4-4-0. I'm jealous! But that's the way you
          get what you want - you sit down and build it. If it doesn't come out
          you junk it and start again. And you keep trying until you've perfected
          your skills.

          Thanks for sharing that work (yours?) with us.

          Jim Vail
        • zul36@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 2, 2006
            In a message dated 11/2/2006 12:50:41 AM Pacific Standard Time,
            akacoot@... writes:

            > Thanks for sharing that work (yours?) with us.

            Jim-No that's not my work...I wish I was up to that caliber.
            Andy, one of the Proto guys on this site, brought him to our attention
            earlier in a post....His name is Rene Gourley.
            I immediately got on the web with his name and found the site I posted.....I
            was ahh struck.
            How have you been Jim? ....Hope to see ya at O Scale West?
            jc

          • Ian McKinley
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 2, 2006
              Good evening

              I sent this this morning but due to a yahoo failure it bounced
              back to me, so I will try again.

              The loco that JC just pointed out is being build by Rene
              Gourley and described on the yahoo list "oo-ho modmak". This
              is an HO standard gauge 4-4-0. The oo-ho model maker list
              started out on another server and had to be transfered to
              yahoo recently, some info was lost but most of the important
              stuff is still available.

              If you want to learn more about scratch building this is a
              good list to join.

              Ian