AW: [HOn3] Re: HOn3 4-4-0

  • josef-wagner
    Message 1 of 72 , Dec 31, 1998
      Good evening from vienna

      I fully aggree with you, making correct cad drawings you need a lot of
      technical knowledge of the model you want to built including gear technic.
      And if all well finished to be converted to tooling films - I am lacking a
      good partner here in Vienna to make tooling films. And have a heap of about
      a dozen complete dwg files for Austrian narrow gauge models, most have
      already be seen prototypes in 0e.

      Best greetings

      Josef Wagner

      +++

      _____

      Message 72 of 72 , Oct 12, 2009
        Doug:

        From what Mark Mogensen (Pres of PSC) has told me personally the
        project is definitely
        not dead at this time.

        Insofar as the two scales are concerned, the problems are not the
        same. The smaller size
        of the HO models is one of the key issues - and Mark told me that
        extracting a die cast
        frame from the dies is one big issue...at least with the HO version.

        The O scale versions are, comparatively, much easier to do and Mark
        seems set to do those
        in brass, as he has stated recently.

        I think we all need to indicate continued interest so that Mark knows
        we are still here and
        hoping for a model, regardless of the personal scale preference.

        Aloha, Boone