Re: [HOn3] Crystal river HOscale water tank.

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 31, 2006
      Dale Buxton wrote:

      > Chuck,
      >
      > Talked to Tom, about two weeks ago to place and order.
      > I always seem to be able to get through, but then it’s
      > a local call and I tend to call in the late afternoon,
      > Denver time.
      >
      > The HO water tanks are still on his list of things to
      > do, despite the fact that he once told me to my face
      > (the last time the Narrow Gauge Convention was in
      > Denver), that he was not going to do them in HO. But
      > he seems to have changed his mind (YEA!).
      >
      > The HO Chama and Buffalo Depots are still on the way
      > as well as the Rico Coal Trestle. It will all
      > eventually happen, it just takes time.
      >
      > Dale Buxton

      I've heard all these excuses many, many times before. I'm not holding my
      breath on these any more.............

      Jim Vail

    • Dale Buxton
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2006

        --- Chuck Johnston <crj@...> wrote:

        > Anyone had any luck with getting any information
        > from Crystal river on the
        > HO scale D&RW water tank? Don't know if he has made
        > it in HO scale or not.
        > Looks great in S scale. I have not had much luck
        > with getting in touch with
        > them.
        >
        > Chuck Johnston

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • harold huber
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2006
          All,
          Before this gets into a big bashing fest Crystal River is one of if not the best producer around. His stuff is exquisite, well thought out, and beautiful. He is one of the few producers that will not bow down to the Walters death hold on manufacturers and is a great person. We need to understand that it takes time to do stuff. Would you rather spend months scratch building a structure and the day you finish have a manufacture release it with not prior notice? I think not. Before I get bashed for bashing scratchbuilding, 90% of my stuff is built that way. But when I scratchbuild I want to do it with something that some manufacture hasn't done or will do in the next couple of years. Enough said.
          Harold Huber
          Sheridan, WY