Re: [HOn3] New Member

  • Ian McKinley
    Message 1 of 112 , Apr 4, 2006
      Welcome Phil

      Glad to have you on board. The F&CC is a railroad I know little about
      but it looks interesting. Please tell us about your plans for motive
      power on the F&CC.

      Ian McKinley
      Winfield KS

      Phil H. Morrow wrote:
      > Hello Boys and Girls,
      >
      > My name is Phil Morrow, and I'm an addict. I've been addicted to
      > Model Railroading since 1975 when attending Oklahoma State University
      > and I had a crazy roommate named Ray Lauffer peak my interest with an
      > HOn3 Wooden Steam Derrick that he was building at his desk, instead of
      > doing homework.
      >
      >>From there, I was hooked.
      >
      > I have modeled in HO, HOn3, and Sn3 over the years, and have a space
      > in the garage for my layout, but so far, the storage trolls have
      > commanded the territory and won't let go. My lovely wife says I
      > should build a storage shed in the back yard, but I feel that's too
      > easy a solution.
      >
      > My workbench has everything from rolling stock kits to paint, to
      > projects and honey-do's lists from days gone by that never got
      > completed, but I know that the urge to get started on a new layout is
      > just around the corner.
      >
      > The Florence & Cripple Creek is my railroad of choice. I've traveled
      > Phantom Canon many times and feel that when I start my new layout it
      > will be modeling that short lived but valuable railroad hauling gold
      > ore out of the Poverty Gulch area.
      >
      > Some of you know me, some of you don't, and from reading some of the
      > past posts, I guess my name's been taken in vain some too.
      >
      > But all in all, I'm a happy sort of guy with a love of model
      > railroading, and especially Narrow Gauge Railroading. I hope that I
      > can add some positive input here, and that I learn from what you all
      > have to offer.
      >
      > Thanks for letting me be a part of this community, I'm glad to be here.
      >
      > Best Regards,
      >
      > Phil H Morrow
      > Guthrie, OK

    • rlmossholder
      Message 112 of 112 , Mar 30
        Hi Mike,
        Welcome to the group. I wondered why we never heard anything else about your S&T layout.  I was sad to read it no longer exists. That photo of the Mason Bogie on the tall curved trestle, clinging to a sheer cliff is one of the most dramatic photos of a model I've ever seen!  I would love to read more about your experiences with Malcolm and of your layout.

        Could you tell us a little about how you and Malcolm came to the design of the S&T and include some of the layout specifications?

        I would also love to know a little more on how you both composed a scene to be so dramatic.

        Please keep us up to date on your current layout as well.

        Are you planning to attend the Narrow Gauge Convention in Denver this year?

        Cheers,
        Rich "Mossy" Mossholder