3% or 4% grades

  • Dennis Larson
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2006
      This discussion is interesting since I, too, am building a new HOn3 pike.
      Most of my grades are 3% or less with one 22" radius loop approaching 4%.
      I'm laying subroadbed and will have track ready for trains in 5 or 6 weeks.
      Based on performance on my earlier, steeper RR with 18" and 4% grades, my
      WAG is that the K-27s and C-25 should easily handle 7 or 8-car freights. (My
      cars are also lighter than NMRA standards.) I'll keep you'all posted.
      Dennis