Re: [HOn3] Floquil paint

  • Andy Anderson
    Message 1 of 53 , Oct 31, 2005
      From: Boone Morrison
      To: HOn3@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, October 31, 2005 4:59 PM
      Subject: Re: [HOn3] Floquil paint

      Boone,
      I will try this! i think we are just scratching the surface in possibilities for finishes!
      With the new Floquil and spray Glosscoat, you get the same color, but just shiny. With the old stuff, you get a deep rich color that has depth to it.It still appears wet, just like a good laquer finish.

      Also for Russia iron I use Testors silver and then put a glaze of Glosscoat with some India black mixed in(with a tiny amount of blue ink).

      Andy

      I too build 19Century locos

      Have you tried adding "Glaze" to the Floquil, rather than an overcoat?

      Aloha, Boone

      HOn3 list web pages are:
      http://www.railwayeng.com/hon3/

    • Martin Fischer
      Message 53 of 53 , Apr 5, 2006
        Mik,e

        well, that's what I wrote this morning. When I got home tonight the newest
        Gazette was in the postbox.

        Regards
        Martin