Re: Stripping brass laquer.

    Message 1 of 33 , Jun 30, 1999
      Szczowicz@... wrote:
      > MEK might do it but at $7.00 for a tiny bottle it would cost around thirty
      > bucks to do oneloco...

      Here in the States it's sold in quart sizes at the paint stores. Cost
      is about $4 or so.

      > ... I think MEK might be Methyl Ethyl Keytone.

      Almost. Actually, methyl ethyl ketone. (BTW, I'm working as a chemical
      engineer ... good luck to your son!)

      Mike Conder
    • Eabracher@xxx.xxx
      Message 33 of 33 , Jul 3, 1999
        I have not seen any type of "thing" at Vails for curing paint. I think he
        just lets it dry of it's own accord. He mostly hand paints and sometimes
        uses a spray can. Ugh. But thats his style. Does turn out nice.

        Eric