Re: Seeking Feedback on Stoner Creek Minatures Engines

  • railwayeng
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 6, 2005

      > I am asking for feed back about Stoner Creek Minature's MOTORS and /or
      > LOCO'S w/ their MOTORS.
      >
      > I am especially interested in comments and feedback from anyone in the
      > U.S.A. that has Experience with owning and/or running these Motors
      or Loco's
      > with Motors made and sold by Stone Creek Minatures in Germany.
      >
      > I am slightly curious as to how they perform on US electrical
      systems, and
      > standard commercial powerpacks and also whether they are suitable for
      > potential DCC conversion.
      > Pete

      Hi Pete.

      I have several of these motors from Steffan. A couple of them
      are several years old now. I am using them in DCC controlled
      locos on both Digitrax and NCE systems.
      I really like them and use them as replacements since they
      run slightly slower than other can/coreless I've used.
      They are quite powerfull as well.
      I have several in some Sn3 locos with flywheels and these
      perform very well indeed. I cannot see where there would be
      any compatibility problems with US power since they work well
      on regular power packs as well as DCC.
      All in all I am quite satisfied with their performance.
      -Steve Hatch
    • Philip Floyd
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 7, 2005
        Steve,
        Please get back to Phil on his order for three ventilated boxcars. Are the kits just missing the trucks as you stated last year? If so, I will take them as is.
        Regards,
        Phil