Re: [HOn3] Seeking Feedback on Stoner Creek Minatures Engines

  • rickshoup
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 6, 2005
      Don, I too have a Goose.
      I am dismayed at how wide the wheel treads are.
      I never asked but have often wondered why so wide?
      To maintain contact perhaps?
      One of these years I may get around to putting sliders
      on also to help overcome dirty track with DCC.
      The sound is wonderful.
      Rick Shoup.
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 6, 2005

        > I am asking for feed back about Stoner Creek Minature's MOTORS and /or
        > LOCO'S w/ their MOTORS.
        >
        > I am especially interested in comments and feedback from anyone in the
        > U.S.A. that has Experience with owning and/or running these Motors
        or Loco's
        > with Motors made and sold by Stone Creek Minatures in Germany.
        >
        > I am slightly curious as to how they perform on US electrical
        systems, and
        > standard commercial powerpacks and also whether they are suitable for
        > potential DCC conversion.
        > Pete

        Hi Pete.

        I have several of these motors from Steffan. A couple of them
        are several years old now. I am using them in DCC controlled
        locos on both Digitrax and NCE systems.
        I really like them and use them as replacements since they
        run slightly slower than other can/coreless I've used.
        They are quite powerfull as well.
        I have several in some Sn3 locos with flywheels and these
        perform very well indeed. I cannot see where there would be
        any compatibility problems with US power since they work well
        on regular power packs as well as DCC.
        All in all I am quite satisfied with their performance.
        -Steve Hatch
      • Philip Floyd
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 7, 2005
          Steve,
          Please get back to Phil on his order for three ventilated boxcars. Are the kits just missing the trucks as you stated last year? If so, I will take them as is.
          Regards,
          Phil