Re: South Pacific Coast graphics

  • avawebmaster
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 31, 2005
      Thanks and mahalo, guys

      I think I'll press on, first because it's kind of fun, and second the
      only SPC lettering sets I see are for boxcars (Clover House, C-D-S,
      and Shady Grove), while I'll need lettering for locomotives and
      coaches as well (flats being a small subset of boxcars - similar
      lettering, no herald). The easy way would be to standardize on an era
      where SPC was using a Railroad Roman variant, but why be normal?

      I'll continue to update things as I progress. Just "deskewed" the
      published #128 photo, and realized I had the lettering slightly off -
      revised and reposted. (BTW - that's a 144 dpi jpeg, and looks MUCH
      better in a graphics program than in a browser).

      Dropped by the Agnew's station at noon for photos, and visited the Big
      Trees station (OK - ticket booth) site last saturday. There's a
      largish moss-covered timber in the weeds at about the right place to
      have been part of the platform structure.

      Eric