H. K .Porter - Correction

  • Steele Family
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6 8:32 AM
      My Mistake,

      I just "Googled" H, K. Porter.

      The cutters are still being made, under the H. K. Porter name and an online
      .pdf catalog is available. It seems to be an independent operation once
      again.

      BUT... H. K Porter is STILL very much in business.

      Rick Steele
    • Paul Richardson
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6 1:19 PM
        WOW, Thanks for the info Rick.

        Best regards,

        Paul Richardson

        From: "Steele Family" <rntsteele@...>
        Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 09:32:32 -0600

        My Mistake,

        I just "Googled" H, K. Porter.

        The cutters are still being made, under the H. K. Porter name and an online
        .pdf catalog is available. It seems to be an independent operation once
        again.

        BUT... H. K Porter is STILL very much in business.

        Rick Steele

        HOn3 list web pages are:
        http://www.railwayeng.com/hon3/

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • avawebmaster
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 6 2:27 PM
          --- In HOn3@yahoogroups.com, "Steele Family" <rntsteele@v...> wrote:

          > BUT... H. K Porter is STILL very much in business.
          >
          > Rick Steele

          These's a nice table of copyright durations at:

          http://www.copyright.cornell.edu/training/Hirtle_Public_Domain.htm

          For the case cited, it confirms Darryl Huffman's statement that
          anything published in the U.S prior to 1923 has come into the public
          domain, also anything between 1923 and 1977 without a copyright
          notice. This would include my University of Oklahoma reprint of the
          Baldwin Narrow Gauge Locomotive Catalog. I might do the same thing
          myself with the Baldwin catalog.

          Eric