Brawa 2.5mm OD brass tubing

  • martburm
    Message 1 of 6 , May 5, 2005
      Walthers has apparently quit carrying Brawa 2.5mm od brass tubing. I
      have checked with Coronado Scale and they don't know where to get a
      similar product. I Would appreciate it if a list member would check
      their local shop to see if there might be a length or two lurking out
      there. If you could e-mail me it's location I could contact the shop to
      purchase.

      Thanks for you assistance,
      Dusty Burman
      dustburm@...
      Message 2 of 6 , May 5, 2005
        As an alternative, consider www.smalparts.com, who offer a wide range
        of small bore tubing, mostly in stainless steel.

        John Stutz

        --
        John Stutz Computational Sciences Division, NASA ARC
        MS 269-2 stutz@...
        Message 3 of 6 , May 5, 2005
          New guy here, trying to learn a few things about narrow gauge, but I do
          know where you may find some material -

          www.mcmaster.com

          It's a general industrial supply company, but they will sell to
          anyone. Great selection of hardware too.

          Kevin

          --- In HOn3@yahoogroups.com, "martburm" <martburm@y...> wrote:
          > Walthers has apparently quit carrying Brawa 2.5mm od brass tubing. I
          > have checked with Coronado Scale and they don't know where to get a
          > similar product. I Would appreciate it if a list member would check
          > their local shop to see if there might be a length or two lurking out
          > there. If you could e-mail me it's location I could contact the shop
          > purchase.
          >
          > Thanks for you assistance,
          > Dusty Burman
          > dustburm@c...
        • Dave Grassing
          Message 4 of 6 , May 5, 2005
            --- In HOn3@yahoogroups.com, "martburm" <martburm@y...> wrote:
            > Walthers has apparently quit carrying Brawa 2.5mm od brass tubing. I
            > have checked with Coronado Scale and they don't know where to get a
            > similar product. I Would appreciate it if a list member would check
            > their local shop to see if there might be a length or two lurking out
            > there. If you could e-mail me it's location I could contact the shop
            > purchase.
            >
            > Thanks for you assistance,
            > Dusty Burman
            > dustburm@c...

            Try K&S metals in Canada
            Dave UK
          • HOn3MRR@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , May 5, 2005
              In a message dated 5/5/2005 10:46:32 AM Central Daylight Time,
              martburm@... writes:

              Brawa 2.5mm od brass tubing

              I have a great Hobbytown USA and they have a large supply of brass and metal
              shapes, I can check there..........anything close in thousands (
              .002????????) that might work? I'll check next time I'm down there.

              Bill Martin
              Live Oak, Texas
              HOn3 Presque Isle Northern RR

            • martburm
              Message 6 of 6 , May 12, 2005
                Thanks to all who responded to my search for 2.5mm brass tubing.
                Small Parts and McMaster had tubing but not the correct size. They
                had either 3/32 or 1/8, which 2.5mm falls in between. K & S was the
                winner! The reason that Coronado Scale didn't see this size is that
                Walthers doesn't carry/isn't offered the metric (.017 wall thickness)
                tubing from K & S/Special shapes. The K & S Web site has the full
                Special Shapes line. 2.5 mm od tubing has an id of .064 which can be
                tapped for 2-56 screws (51 drill, .067) and be used for truck
                mounting bushings. The 2mm od tubing is a good i.d. for tapping 0-80
                bushings to be used with Grandt or Precision HOn3 truck mounting. I
                drill 5/64 hole to press fit the 2mm tubing and use NWSL nylon
                Filester head screws. The Filester heads seem to be smaller than the
                other 0-80 screws so they fit the narrow PSC and Grandt bolster
                holes. I have used the NWSL pan head screws and 'turned' them down in
                the drill press with (ouch!) a file. The NWSL 0-80 filester nylon
                screw dies are a little 'off' so they become 'self locking' vs brass
                screws which tend to back out of the tapped tubing. I get the longest
                screw length and use a razor blade to trim to length.

                My sincere thanks to those who offered their help,
                Dusty Burman