Re: [HOn3] Re: Stop drooling, start buying....

  • petergtuttle@aol.com
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 2, 2005
      Forgive my ignorance- where on the web are pictures of the Peter Grace C-16
      available?

      Pete Tuttle
    • HOn3MRR@aol.com
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 2, 2005
        In a message dated 2/2/2005 5:50:23 AM Central Standard Time,
        phackman@... writes:

        After much research, it appears that the tender shape on Peter's
        model started showing up on C-class engines by about 1906. straight
        stacks started showing up between 1908 and 1911, generators and
        electric lights started showing up in 1911. Dual air pumps started
        showing up in Gunnison and Salida in the early teens. The engines
        out of Alamosa, Chama, Durango, etc. ran with single air pumps much
        longer. Metal sided cabs were showing up even in the diamond stack
        era.

        The specifics of Peter's engine look from the pictures to be a good
        representation of 268 as it looks today. Remember it got that new
        tender in '49 with the huge air tank. It also got the extended
        headlight bracket and Pyle headlight at that time.

        So now the question becomes, what are you willing to do?

        (To the tune of the Hokey Pokey)

        So ya put your metal cab in........Ya take your wood cab out!
        Ya put your straight stack in .....Ya take your diamond stack out!
        Ya take your flair side tender and ya shake it all about!
        You are doing the Hokey Lokey and you turn the train about,
        and THATS what it's all about!

        EEEK GADS! So thats what it's all about?

        Now I know why I have a freelance operation going in my garage!

        Bill Martin
        Live Oak, Texas
        HOn3 Presque Isle Northern RR

      • loren roberts
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 2, 2005
          Doe anybody know if C&BT Shops is still producing the EBT 3-bay hopper?
        • loren roberts
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 2, 2005
            Doe anybody know if C&BT Shops is still producing the EBT 3-bay hopper?
          • dstehli@bluewin.ch
            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 2, 2005
              C&BT Shops is again producing the EBT 3-bay hopper. I got mine from Walthers
              several months ago. Check availability on Walthers' home page. The item number
              is 193-990001.

              Dieter

            • dalman33@aol.com
              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 2, 2005
                danke schoen Dieter

              • Bill Nelson
                Message 7 of 17 , Feb 2, 2005

                  >Message: 2
                  > Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 00:32:47 +1100
                  > From: "Peter M Grace" <peter.grace@...>
                  >Subject: Stop drooling, start buying....
                  >
                  >All,
                  >
                  >I have read with great interest your input into the types of loco that
                  >should be built in the future. Thanks, it is encouraging.

                  Here is the plan, you guys buy a bunch of the current model C-16,

                  I confess I have not been paying close attention. Where do
                  sign up to get a C-16 to support your heroic effort.

                  Bill Nelson
                • Kjb80401@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 17 , Feb 3, 2005
                    In a message dated 2/2/2005 6:22:26 PM Mountain Standard Time,
                    dgccandwrr@... writes:

                    I confess I have not been paying close attention. Where do
                    sign up to get a C-16 to support your heroic effort.

                    Contact John Vivian at Model Railroad General Store (MRGS):
                    _john_vivian@..._ (mailto:john_vivian@...)
                    _www.hobby-trains.com_ (http://www.hobby-trains.com)

                    Keevan

                  • richmarset@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 17 , Feb 3, 2005
                      LOREN
                      YES, IN FACT WE ARE PRODUCING THE HOn3 EBT THREE BAY HOPPER AT THIS TIME. WE
                      HAVE ALSO ADDED NWSL WHEELSETS TO THE NEWEST RUN. AVAILABLE THRU WALTHERS
                      AND WESTERN STAR DISTRIBUTORS.
                      THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST.

                      DICK SCHWEIGER
                      OWNER
                      C&BT SHOPS
                      OFFLIST AT _CBTSHOPS@..._ (mailto:CBTSHOPS@...)

                    • dalman33@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 17 , Feb 3, 2005
                        Glad to hear that the rumors of your demise are greatly exaggerated Dick!
                        Obviously someone had you confused with somebody else.

                      • loren roberts
                        Message 11 of 17 , Feb 3, 2005
                          Dick, et. al.

                          Thanks for the replies, the verbiage on the Walthers website says it is a
                          two bay hopper,

                          but upon close examination, the photo is indeed of a three bay.

                          Message 12 of 17 , Feb 3, 2005
                            THANKS, I WAS VERY SICK FOR ABOUT 3 YEARS. I GOT A LUNG TRANSPLANT ON 3/2/02
                            AND HAVE NOW RECOVERED FROM THAT.
                            DICK SCHWEIGER

                          • loren roberts
                            Message 13 of 17 , Feb 4, 2005
                              Howdy, is there anyone on this list who is:

                              A) In the southeast Michigan area(or anywhere else).

                              B) Interested in starting an informal group to build an HOn3 modular layout?

                              If so, let me know. Maybe we could have something to show for the Narrow
                              Gauge
                              Convention in Detroit.