Re: [HOn3] Re: replacement "rubber" chains was Drop Bottom Gondola Kit

    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 30, 2004
      Mark,

      I drive past a very good hobby shop (except for trains) that carries an extensive line of ship-building supplies - including chains, eye-hooks, etc. Want me to check it out for you? What size chain do you need?

      Mike

      Mark Kasprowicz <marowicz@...> wrote:

      > check out model ship and military model supplies. I found over here
      > very tiny rubber chains (link diameter app 0.2 - 0,3 mm). Very
      > flexible but no see tru. A roll with 20 yards for app $ 3. I used
      > them on my cars also for safty chains. Works well and could be glued
      > with regular ACC or epoxy. A brand over here is ARTECH from Poland.
      > And the best no hassle with the single chain parts from Grandt line.
      Steffan,
      Thanks for that. I'll try in England first but do you know of a German
      supplier that does mail order.
      Mark

    • Pete Doty
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 1, 2004
        Mike,
        Where is this hobby shop for ships? Off list if you wish

        Pete Doty
        Mt Aikinbach Railway (Fn3)
        Holy Cross & Crystal River RR (HOn3)

        mailto pete@...