Re: RF remote control

  • Gerald Clark
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 27, 1999
      Stan:

      We run two Soundtraxx systemss with the RF receivers at our club
      layout. As Keith noted, you do need line of sight from the receiver to
      the Soundtraxx controller. We have our receivers mounted over the
      layout about 10 feet above the floor. They are aimed at the controllers
      which are mounted on the wall 8 feet above the floor along the entrance
      aisle opposite the layout. I can control trains from 40 feet away while
      standing next to our N scale layout without aiming the hand held
      throttle.

      Jerry Clark

      Stan Shields wrote:

      > From: Stan Shields <sshields@...>
      >
      > Hi Folks-
      > Does anyone have the Radio Frequency remote control extender offered by
      > Soundtraxx for use with their sound/throttle system? I would be
      > interested in purchasing same.
      > Thanx,
      > Stan

      > Have you visited our new web site?
      > http://www.onelist.com
      > Onelist: Helping to create Internet communities
      > HOn3 web page is:
      > http://www.railway-eng.com/hon3/
    • Stan Shields
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 28, 1999
        Thanx, Boone. The system is made by Terk Corp. which has discontinued it. the
        company you referred to, Home Automation , does not have any left. I sent
        e-mail to Soundtraxx asking if they had any left but have not heard from them
        yet (not their fault, just sent it on Friday)
        I know my post was not clear, thank-you to all who responded with your
        experience/endorsements...I was hoping to find someone who had one they were
        not using and would be willing to sell. I actually need two! so if anyone
        knows of any lying around PLEASE let me know?
        OBTW I'm a big fan of your work Boone.
        Thanx,
        Stan

        Boone Morrison wrote:

        > From: boone@... (Boone Morrison)
        >
        > >From: Stan Shields <sshields@...>
        > >
        > >Hi Folks-
        > >Does anyone have the Radio Frequency remote control extender offered by
        > >Soundtraxx for use with their sound/throttle system? I would be
        > >interested in purchasing same.
        > >Thanx,
        > >Stan
        >
        > Stan: Why not order it from Soundtraxx, or are you seeking a bargain? It
        > works great. Because of difficulties in physical location, I ended up
        > setting mine up in conjunction with their remote IR extender. Put the
        > radio reciever unit facing the IR extender and hard wired the extender to
        > the panel mounted Soundtraxx...
        >
        > Or, if you don't want to order from them, the same unit is available from
        >
        > Home Automation Systems, 1-800-762-7846 The want $59.95. Item #8220A
        >
        > Aloha, Boone

        > Ideas on how we can improve ONElist?
        > http://www.onelist.com
        > Check out the Suggestion Box feature on our new web site
        > HOn3 web page is:
        > http://www.railway-eng.com/hon3/
      • Ray Opthof
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 29, 1999
          Hi,

          I may know of someone that has a used base unit and used transmitters; that
          get mounted on the front of the IR units. I have no idea of what they go
          for or what he would want for it/them.

          I'll be glad to check, what are you willing to offer him?

          Ray Opthof

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 29, 1999
            Thank you for responding!
            I would be prepared to offer him a fair price price, say for the transmitter
            and reciever, (they were $59 new) PLEASE send me his E-mail address or phone #
            or simply provide my address to him (sshields@...)
            Many thanks,
            Stan