1905 Lidgerwood book LOGGING BY STEAM on CD

  • Darryl Huffman
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2004
      I just received a new CD in the mail that many of you may be interested in.
      The CD is being made available by Ken Postma.

      I have no idea where Ken found this book as I have never seen one before,
      but it was published by Lidgerwood in 1905. What makes the book really
      distinctive is that it is not a "catalog" as much as it is a book helping a
      logging firm put the Lidgerwood products to work in the field.

      The book is 129 pages of photos and drawings of it's equipment at work. All
      kinds of different rigging methods are clearly illustrated and the book
      contains page after page after page of really great, clear photos of logging
      operations and equipment.

      I have never met Ken, but I know he puts out a quality product and is very
      professional to deal with.

      The CD is $12.99 + $2.70 shipping
      and handling in the US. for a total of $15.74.

      Ken takes Paypal or you can mail him a check at:

      Ken Postma
      PO Box 522
      Cascade, ID 83611

      You can email Ken at :

      Ken@...

      Ken's other offerings can be seen at his website:

      http://www.cabincreekcds.com/Home.htm

      I do not have any business arrangement with Ken, but I share a common
      interest with him in old catalogs of all sorts.

      Be sure to tell him I sent you ;^)

      Darryl Huffman
      Anchorage, Alaska

      Check out my web page at www.darrylhuffman.50megs.com/photo5.html for photos
      of models of old buildings placed in a realistic setting.
    • Rick Blanchard
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2004
        Circulating on other lists - John Armstrong passed away last week. A major
        contributor to railroading and modeling, he will be sorely missed and can't
        be replaced.

        Rick