Re: [HOn3] Dallas - Ft. Worth hobby shops

  • Rick Schlepphorst
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 30, 2004
      Angelo Hobbies in Haltom City has a lot of narrow gauge stuff.

      Rick
      On Jun 30, 2004, at 5:07 PM, Mike Conder wrote:

      > OK, Dallas area Texians, here I am near DFW and would like to know
      > the better hobby shops, pref. with NG supplies, other than Discount
    • Mark Kasprowicz
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 1, 2004
        Can anyone point me to a site where I can find the cab dimensions of
        DRG C-16 and 19 locos? I'm remotoring a couple of early open frame C-
        19 locos and would like to use a PSC/ Kemtron C-16 cab back to fill
        the gaping hole left after a can motor is fitted. But I don't know
        how much smaller the C-16 cab was. I thought I had one in my junk
        box but must have given it away. I could make something out of
        plastic card or even use the MDC cab but I'd rather stick to brass.
        Any thoughts would be useful.
        Mark
      • petergtuttle@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 1, 2004
          It might well be easier to scratchbuild a cab back to fit the existing one,
          rather than trying to adapt the Kemtron. In any case, a Kemtron/PSC C16
          backhead would in itself go a long way to filling the void.

          Pete Tuttle
        • rgs_buxton
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 1, 2004
            If your are working on a Balboa C-19, Go ahead and use the Kemtron
            part.I have several times and it is a pretty good fit. There are as
            many variations to this back wall as there were 2-8-0's on the
            Grande. Some all wood, some all steel, some wood covered with thin
            steel sheething, some with windows some without. It's so hard to see
            this detail durring operation and after deck curtains are applied
            you almost can't see anything.

            Have at it and have lots of fun!

            Dale Buxton